I'm back! Yellow Chick and I took a 2 month rest from the blog. We needed a break. But I'm back to making ice cream again, just in time for the holidays.
Pumpkin Ice Cream~
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup half & half
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
4 teaspoons vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Using an immersion blender or a mixer blend until smooth and all the ingredients are well mixed.
2. Refridgerate until well chilled.
3. Turn on your ice cream maker and pour in the pumpkin mixture.
4. Churn until it's a stiff soft-serve consistency.
5. Pour into a freezer safe container and freeze until firm.
Wow, this is really good. It tastes just like pumpkin pie without the crust. You could add pie crust to it and whipped cream or even graham crackers to make a pumpkin pie ice cream. The texture is really light, almost too light which is my only complaint. Next time I'd make it with all cream and not use half and half to give it a creamer, heavier texture. The taste is perfect though.
Mr. Brown Chick - Tastes just like pumpkin pie
Tween Chicks - Likes it (amazing!)
Little Chick - Loves it
Toddler Chick - Loves it